The Ariat Mesteno Workhog boot is one of our most popular boots at Boyers BootNShoe. I'm here to give you a thorough evaluation that comes from both selling the boot new and repairing the boots after a lot of wear and tear. I get the chance to see just how the boots hold up for various jobs.
Slim, The Boot Guy's impressions of the Ariat Mesteno Square Toe Boot
The Ariat Mesteno Workhog boot is one of our most popular selling boots at Boyers BootNShoe. I'll give you my impressions of the boot and tell you about the good and the not so good. I’ll describe and evaluate two different types of Ariat Mesteno square toe boots.
I rate the Ariat Mesteno Workhog work boot very high and a good value. My evalution comes from both selling the boot new and repairing the boots after a lot of wear and tear. I get the chance to see just how the boots hold up. I see the boot used for a variety of jobs. This boot can take a lot of abuse and still gives long wear. It is a comfortable boot from the first time you pull it on.
- - The Duratead sole provides superior slip resistance and oil resistant. It has a 90 degree heel for good ladder stability. At Boyers Boot shoe we repair lots of worn boots. The Mesteno Duratread sole is one of the toughest, longest wearing soles of any boot made. The sole is a dual density sole, that means it has a long wearing bottom layer with a soft, shock absorbing EVA Crepe middle layer. There is an extra row of stitching around the toe of the sole to keep the toe from pulling loose.
- - The tread design of the Duratread sole is designed to be self-cleaning and non-tracking.
- - Insole: The Mesteno uses the ATS MAX comfort system. Gel-cushioned footbed with heel stabilizer delivers support, rebound, and stability
- - Wide Square Toe: Lots of extra wiggle room for your toes. The Composite Square toe gives more room on the sides and above your toes. Composite material does not conduct cold so feet stay warmer in winter conditions and cooler in summer conditions.
- - The top selling feature of the Mesteno is the great styling. There is a beautiful flame stitch pattern on the tops of the boots that gives this boot a distinctive look. The model 10015400 features a green leather top with a Neon green flame stitch. Very cool.
- - The Wide Square toe is very popular in western boots and makes this safety boot very stylish.
- - Composite Toe (certified ASTM F2413-05 M/1/75 C/75 EH). The composite toe makes this boot lighter weight with all the certified protection of a Steel Toe.
- - EH Electrical Hazard Safety rating not only makes this boot safer around electrical hazards but also means that there are no metal in the boot to set off metal detectors at security checkpoints.
- - Patented U-turn® features a flexible panel allowing easy entry and exit for all foot shapes. This feature really rocks. Ariat's Waterproof Pro™ offers top-of-line protection from rain, snow, and wet conditions. Boot construction utilizes waterproof premium leathers for superior exterior protection. Durable, impermeable waterproof/breathable barrier is built-in for long-lasting protection.
- - Goodyear™ welt construction means that the sole is stitched on and not merely glued on
- - ATS MAX provides superior support and durability
- - Oil- and slip-resisting Duratread™ outsole
- - Shock absorbing EVA midsole
- - Premium full-grain leather
- - Mesh lining
- - Waterproof Pro™ construction Style (Style 10015400)
- - Composite Toe
- - Wide Square Toe Shape
- - Goodyear™ welt construction.
- - Self-cleaning, non-tracking outsole tread design
- - Patented U-turn® features a flexible panel allowing easy entry and exit for all foot shapes.
- - Four-row stitch pattern with embroidery
- - Stability chassis
- - 90 degree heel
- - Safety toe is ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH rated
- - Shaft Height: 11"